WBYC SUMMER EMPLOYMENT
Willow Bank Yacht Club is no longer accepting applications for the Summer of 2013.
Form can be filled out and submitted on-line or printed and mailed.
If you are applying for a position which requires certification, please send copies of your current certificates (even if you need recertification before the summer). You can mail copies to the address below or e-mail to email@example.com.
Willow Bank Yacht Club
JOB DESCRIPTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
* ALL - Must but 16 years of age before May 1st, 2013
* LIFEGUARD - Current Red Cross Lifeguard, CPR & First Aid certifications are required.
WBYC Lifeguards are expected to confirm to best practices for waterfront safety as determined and taught by Red Cross. Our Beach is open starting Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day. (Weekends only until late June.)
* SWIM LESSON INSTRUCTOR - Current Red Cross Lifeguard, Water Safety Instructor, CPR & First Aid certifications are required. Youth Swim Lessons are scheduled for six weeks starting the last week of June. Swim Instructors normally also work as Lifeguards when not teaching.
* YARD STAFF - NYS Boater's Safety License and US Sailing Advanced Power Boat Handling certification required.
WBYC Yard Staff are responsible for the general upkeep of the club, helping members launching and receiving boats as requested, pumping gas, helping with Race Committee duties, mowing, trimming and other yard work as determined by the club manager. Yard Staff are needed from Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day and occasionally in Late May and September.
* SAILING INSTRUCTOR - US Sailing Instructor Level I is required and includes Red Cross First Aid and CPR. NYS Boater's Safety License and US Sailing Advanced Power Boat Handling are also required.
WBYC Sailing Instructors are expected to work from mid June through late August. Primary duties include teaching Youth Sailing lessons and coaching Junior Fleet racing program. This may include helping to prepare for and traveling to regattas, boat repair as well as other duties as determined by the Head Sailing Instructor.
* GALLEY STAFF - No Certification required
WBYC Galley Staff is responsible for all Galley operations including cooking, cleaning up, Ship Store Sales and other duties as requested by the Club Manager. The Galley is opened starting Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day. (Weekends only until late June.)